Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org> on 2019/06/04 20:49:49 UTC

Podling Report Draft (June 2019)

Hi all,

I'm posting a draft of the June 2019 report.
Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jihoon

Druid Podling Report (June 2019)
------------

Druid is a high-performance, column-oriented, distributed data store.

Druid has been incubating since 2018-02-28.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Move the website to Apache infrastructure.
 2. Fix potential errata in the website reported by Apache Podling Website
Checks.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

- None.

- A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
features
  are still ongoing at https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid.

- Since the last report there have been 493 commits from 86 contributors.
- We have released 4 versions, i.e., 0.13.0, 0.14.0, 0.14.1, and 0.14.2.
  0.13.0 was the first Apache release.
- We have code frozen a 0.15.0 branch and are preparing for the first
release candidate.
- The web page migration from druid.io to druid.apache.org is still in
progress.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [X] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  Druid 0.14.2-incubating on 2019-05-29.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  The Druid PPMC elected 10 committers to the project on November 20,
  2018.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

  They have been very helpful.

Re: Podling Report Draft (June 2019)

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.