Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/05/26 20:29:02 UTC

Download charts (prototype)

http://people.apache.org/~robweir/aoo-downloads.html

The data is in a text file
(http://people.apache.org/~robweir/data.txt) which is generated using
the SourceForge REST API plus some python, a variation of the script I
uploaded earlier
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/devtools/aoo-stats/aoo-stats.py)

Right now those two processes are unconnected.  I generate the data on
my laptop and upload an updated data.txt.  Ideally I'd like to migrate
this to openoffice.org and  automate this by running the python script
via cron on a daily basis.

-Rob

Re: Download charts (prototype)

Posted by Yue Helen <he...@gmail.com>.
+1. Very nice chart! It could be greatly helpful if it is dynamic.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I know that this can be done in the CMS and buildbot. I want to find out how exactly. Ping me in a few days.
>>

> Some quick design thoughts.   What I have now is a python script that
> generates CSV file for import into Calc.   This is good for general
> calculations and playing with the data, but it is not the exact format
> that the timeplot widget (http://www.simile-widgets.org/timeplot/)
> needs.
>
> The widget wants comma-separated values, with ISO date, daily count
> and cumulative count.
>
> So one easy technique is to maintain a data file with daily values for
> the above, and append a line to that data file each day.   I can adapt
> the python script to spit out the new line of data to stdout, if you
> can figure out how we enable cron processing for ooo-site.

Just checked in a new script:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/devtools/aoo-stats/get-aoo-stats.py

This one takes a single command line arg, the date of interest, for example:

python get-aoo-stats.ppy 2012-05-28

It then writes out the download stats for that date to stdout.

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.