Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Montalbano Florian <fl...@nereide.fr> on 2016/04/28 10:59:04 UTC

Searching a way to group rate

Hi everyone,

Does someone knows how rate can be grouped ?

Here is what I would like to do :
In a project, hours spent on a task can be billed with different rates
depending on the purpose of the task. For example, there is a rate for a
Development task and one for a Support task.
But for each of these rate, there is a normal rate and an overtime rate.

How can I find all the hours spent in overtime rate for both the
Development task and the Support task ?

I looked at the entities concerning the rate but I didn't find a solution.
In the entity "perfRatingType", I noticed that there is a "parentTypeId"
attribute. This attribute is not available in the "RateType" entity.
Adding it seems to be a solution for this simple case.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Thanks,
Have a nice day,

Florian Montalbano

Re: Searching a way to group rate

Posted by Montalbano Florian <fl...@nereide.fr>.
Thanks for your answer,
I will try to add new RateType such as SupportRate and DeveloppementRate.
Then in the RateAmout entity, I can adjust the rateAmount for a given
RateType.
I just discovered how the right RateAmount was choosen thanks to your
answer and to this comment in the code :
<!--
            Search for the applicable rate from most specific to most
general in the RateAmount entity
            Defaults for periodTypeId is per hour and default currency
is the currency in general.properties
            The order is:
                1. for specific rateTypeId, workEffortId (workEffort)
                2. for specific rateTypeId, partyId (party)
                3. for specific rateTypeId, emplPositionTypeId
(emplPositionType)
                4. for specific rateTypeId (rateType)

                Then will be checked if the requested periodTypeId and
currency can be found, if not isue an error message
-->
(it seems that there is a little mistake in the comment "isue" => "issue")

Is this the good usage of RateAmount ?

Florian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.