Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Arnaud Gueguen <ar...@cegedim.fr> on 2002/11/26 16:47:43 UTC

Custom types wsdl2java pb

Hi,
I try to generate JAXRPC compliant domain objects, which will be transferred
over HTTP with Axis 1.0

For that I “Java2WSDL “my Java classes, and then “WSDLtoJava” the wsdl.
I tried to play with a custom type (java.util.LinkedList) , I wrote the four
classes ( (De)Serializer / (De)SerialiazerFactory ) which seems to work well
since they’re well used by the Java2WSDL process.
But I just can’t generate the Java class from the wsdl !! I have always
“java.io.IOException: Type {LinkedListNS}LinkedList is referenced but not
defined.” I tried to follow the instructions , writing  a GeneratorFactory
implementation, but it seems that I didn’t succeed in implementing it well.
Could anyone help me to plug custom types in WSDL2Java ??

The doc” The symbol table is not extensible, but you can add fields to it by
using the Dynamic Variables construct:
*         You must have some constant object for a dynamic variable key.
For example:  public static final String MY_KEY = "my key";
*         You set the value of the variable in your
GeneratorFactory.generatorPass:  entry.setDynamicVar(MY_KEY, myValue);
*         You get the value of the variable in your generators:  Object
myValue = entry.getDynamicVar(MY_KEY);
“ is not really clear to me.

Thanks