Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2003/04/29 21:00:57 UTC

Migrating 2.2->2.3

Hi all,

Thought I would try out migrating an app to 2.3 but am getting an exception
concerning Logging class.The Exception is caused by

commons.logging.LogConfiguration: No suitable Log Constructor

NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/category

Yet I have log4j 1.2.7 in my ./lib directory. I'm also using the default
config files from cvs. What I haven't done is changed how I access logging
from my app, that's still conform 2.2.

Any ideas?

Colin

Re: Migrating 2.2->2.3

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.
Disregard this mail, my fault!!!

Sorry for the noise.

Colin

Re: Migrating 2.2->2.3

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.
Hi Chris,

Yes I did. It appeared to be how I was starting Turbine, from Eclipse.
Although I have both commons-logging & Log4J in the lib directory I have to
add them both explicitly to the classpath of Tomcat (from Eclipse). This has
meant that I have been able to start things, now moving on to testing
specific functionality.

Im using Eclipse 2.1, tomcat 4.1.18 & JDK 1.4

I have noticed a few other things that need changing before migration will
succeed.

1. IntakeService - Group.dispose method is now gone
2. IntakeService - Group.init(key, Data) is probably replaced by
Group.init(key, Parameters)
3. RunData - getParameters method now returns an Object of type
org.apache.turbine.util.parser.ParameterParser
instead of
org.apache.turbine.util.ParameterParser

Let you know if I stumble across anything else

Colin

RE: Migrating 2.2->2.3

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.

RE: Migrating 2.2->2.3

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

RE: Migrating 2.2->2.3

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
> From: Colin Chalmers
>
> Any ideas?

Have you looked at the logging bit in the Wiki's Migrating doc?

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2/Migrating_From_
2.2

(Maybe you can add to it when you've surpassed the problem ;)

Chris