Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/01/11 18:44:42 UTC

Release schedule for 1.2b5

Can someone remind me when we expect to release 1.2b5? It would
be very nice to have a version to point people to related
to this overflow report.

I need a comment (3 to be exact) regarding the suexec() changes
I posted yesterday.

Re: Release schedule for 1.2b5

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > Can someone remind me when we expect to release 1.2b5? It would
> > be very nice to have a version to point people to related
> > to this overflow report.
> >
> > I need a comment (3 to be exact) regarding the suexec() changes
> > I posted yesterday.
>
> What about giving it 3 days (release on Monday). There's probably a batch
> of patches in the Q that'd get dug out given an impending release.
>
> I forget the details of Brian's proposal from yesterday for a 1.2 final
> release (and b5/b6 in between), but unless there's a better timetable,
> that's a good place to start. Ben should be setting these timetables
> or handing the 1.2 release management over to someone who will. Frequent
> status reports would help a LOT.

I thought we were going to wait for snprintf() for the next beta?  We'll need
at least one more beta after that to account for portability isssues with
snprintf.

	Brian

Re: Release schedule for 1.2b5

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Can someone remind me when we expect to release 1.2b5? It would
> be very nice to have a version to point people to related
> to this overflow report.
>
> I need a comment (3 to be exact) regarding the suexec() changes
> I posted yesterday.

What about giving it 3 days (release on Monday). There's probably a batch
of patches in the Q that'd get dug out given an impending release.

I forget the details of Brian's proposal from yesterday for a 1.2 final
release (and b5/b6 in between), but unless there's a better timetable,
that's a good place to start. Ben should be setting these timetables
or handing the 1.2 release management over to someone who will. Frequent
status reports would help a LOT.

rob

Re: Release schedule for 1.2b5

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Can someone remind me when we expect to release 1.2b5? It would
> be very nice to have a version to point people to related
> to this overflow report.

Perhaps early in this week coming up (14th) if I am lucky, depending on:
	- when I can do the changes
	- when people can review them
	- when snprintf gets in and configure stuff gets sorted out