Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2018/12/04 10:32:02 UTC

Re: [2/2] httpcomponents-core git commit: SSLIOSession: Add `connectTimeout` constructor param

On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 09:57 +0000, olegk@apache.org wrote:
> SSLIOSession: Add `connectTimeout` constructor param
>
> This change adds low-level support for TLS handshake timeouts in the
> class that actually performs the handshake. The contractual
> `socketTimeout`, if set, will only be applied to the underlying
> IOSession after the handshake is complete.

Hi Ryan,

I had to re-organize the commit sequence in order to ensure there were
no commits while the project was in a non-SNAPSHOT state. At the moment
we do not use release branches to cut releases for the simplicity sake,
so active branches are in an effective state of freeze while a release
is ongoing. In other words please do not commit to a development branch
until the release vote has been closed and project version changed to a
SNAPSHOT.

Oleg