Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Williard <jw...@pcsafe.com> on 2006/02/03 09:27:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite/RedirectMatch Issues

I have been having trouble getting some Rewrites or Redirects to work.  Here
is what I am trying to do:

http://weather.domain.com/ -> http://www.domain.com/weather/
http://weather.domain.com/##### -> http://www.domain.com/weather/#####
http://weather.domain.com/@@@@@ -> http://www.domain.com/weather/@@@@@

The ##### represents a string of 5 digits (US zip code).  The @@@@@ string
represents any text (aimed at the name of a city).

Here is what I currently have.  I've gone through many changes, but this
seems to be the closest to working properly:

  Redirect        /index.php      http://www.domain.com/weather/
  RedirectMatch   ^/([0-9]{5})    http://www.domain.com/weather/$1
  RedirectMatch   ^/([A-Za-z]+)   http://www.domain.com/weather/$1

The problem with this is the last line is interpreting "index.php" as
"/index" and appending that to the end.  The second line works perfectly.
How can I get the last line to work without seeing index.php, or index, as a
match?

Also, when it gets to http://www.domain.com/weather/$1, I am experiencing a
similar issue.  The images/ folder is in a folder called weather/.  So, with
the rules that I have in place, the images are not showing up.  I'd like to
know if there is a way to follow the rules while excluding the weather
folder.

Here are the rules for that:

RewriteRule  ^weather/$
cgi-bin/weather/hw3.cgi?forecast=asus01&use_map=us_c_sm_albers2 [NC]
RewriteRule  ^weather/([0-9]{5})    cgi-bin/weather/hw3.cgi?pands=$1
[NC]
RewriteRule  ^weather/([A-Za-z]+)   cgi-bin/weather/hw3.cgi?pands=$1
[NC]

----
Thank You,
Jason Williard

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite/RedirectMatch Issues

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 2/3/06, Jason Williard <jw...@pcsafe.com> wrote:

>   Redirect        /index.php      http://www.domain.com/weather/
>   RedirectMatch   ^/([0-9]{5})    http://www.domain.com/weather/$1
>   RedirectMatch   ^/([A-Za-z]+)   http://www.domain.com/weather/$1
>

> The problem with this is the last line is interpreting "index.php" as
> "/index" and appending that to the end.  The second line works perfectly.
> How can I get the last line to work without seeing index.php, or index, as a
> match?

I think you need to tag $ on the end of your regexes to indicate the
end-of-string.  Otherwise any trailing characters will match.

> Also, when it gets to http://www.domain.com/weather/$1, I am experiencing a
> similar issue.  The images/ folder is in a folder called weather/.  So, with
> the rules that I have in place, the images are not showing up.  I'd like to
> know if there is a way to follow the rules while excluding the weather
> folder.

Do you mean you want to exclude the "images" folder?  If so, you can
add something like
RewriteRule ^weather/images - [L]
at the top.  Otherwise, I can't understand what you are asking.

Joshua.