Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2005/12/08 23:18:55 UTC

EmbeddedDriver missing from derby.jar classlist

Somehow in the process of making EmbeddedDriver a stub class, it is no
longer being put into the class list for derby.jar.

As far as I can see, the derby.jar class list is generated by a build
tool that navigates the dependency tree for all classes defined as a
module in modules.properties.  modules.properties doesn't mention
EmbeddedDriver, but only Driver20, Driver30, etc.  Can anyone tell me
how EmbeddedDriver got picked up?  I have tried to navigate the twisty
passages, and can do more of this, but I was hoping perhaps someone had
a quick answer that could save me some significant time, and perhaps be
educational info for the mail archives as well...

Thanks,

David

Re: EmbeddedDriver missing from derby.jar classlist

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Looks like there is a problem with my build environment where
org.apache.derby.jdbc is not getting built correctly.  Ant is skipping
past it without fully checking to see if all class files have been
modified or even are compiled at all.  I have to blow away this directly
in my classes tree each time I modify something.  So, no need to respond
to my email.

Thanks,

David