Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ricardo Chavez <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/04 20:04:03 UTC

Re: associate many machines to a production run task

Hello everybody
I have recently found these two entities, WorkEffortFixedAssetAssign and
WorkEffortFixedAssetStd, and was wondering if anyone had some information on
them, such as their purpose and how are they meant to be used, because they
might be what I'm looking for to implement the feature I described. So, any
thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

-- Ricardo Chavez

Posted by Ricardo Chavez <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

great, that's very useful information ;)
I'll give a try to implementing those screens
Thanks a lot!

-- Ricardo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Chavez wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I've decided to implement the corresponding screens: since the data
> structures are already there, doing so should be a breeze thanks to the
> framework (auto-fields-entity is sweet :)... ). However, I have some doubts
> regarding the WorkEffortFixedAssetStd and WorkEffortFixedAssetAssign
> entities:
> - I thought both entites would have a relationship to the FixedAsset entity
> (so the former would tell the fixed asset group and the latter would tell
> the actual machine used), but a closer look to WorkEffortFixedAssetStd show
> that it is related to FixedAssetType, so I'm obviously getting it wrong.
> Any clues on why WorkEffortFixedAssetStd is related to FixedAssetType
> instead of FixedAsset?

I think that the original idea was to implement the concept of 'fixed
asset group' with the FixedAssetType entity: for example,
fixedAssetTypeId="SEWING_MACHINE" could represent the group of all the
real sewing machines (that are FixedAssets of type SEWING_MACHINE).
I don't know if it's better to keep this design decision or to implement
a fixed asset group as a special type of FixedAsset.
Any comments from others?

> - About the estimatedDuration field in WorkEffortFixedAssetStd, which units
> is it (intended to be) measured in? hours? milliseconds? user-decided time
> unit?

Adding a uomId field would be interesting... however right now the
convention is to store those values in milliseconds.

> - I see WorkEffortFixedAssetAssign has a statusId field, which (I suppose)
> must be of type WorkEffort Asset (WORK_EFF_ASSET_STTS); however, I haven't
> found any status of this type. Which would be those statuses?

Yes, I think that the type WORK_EFF_ASSET_STTS should be the correct
one. However, if you are not planning to use the statuses you could
ignore this field for now and we will decide about the right statuses
later on.

Jacopo

Posted by Ricardo Chavez <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone