Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by bob robertson <bo...@yahoo.de> on 2006/01/20 14:59:31 UTC

cascading insert of complex properties?

  Couldn't find this in the archives.

  I have a bean class, so:

  class Bean {
      private Nested nested;
  }

  (naturally with more properties, getters setters etc).

  Bean maps to one table in the DB, Nested to another ,the two are linked with a FK from Bean to Nested.

  To save this whole structure in the DB, do I have to manually save Bean and then Nested? What I'm looking for is a parallel to the "select" attribute in the "ResultMap:result" element, where you can specify another statement to be called for complex properties.

  Or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

  Many thanks,

  Bob

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!