Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zeng Lames <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 02:34:18 UTC

How to migrate index from 3.6 to 4.0 with solrcloud

Dear all,

we have an existing index with solr 3.6, and now we want to migrate it to
Solr4.0 with shard (2 shards, 2 nodes in a shard). The question are:

1.which node should i copy the existing index files to? any node in any
shard ?

2. if copy the index files into any one of nodes, can it be replicated to
the 'right' shard according hash code?

3. if above steps can't fulfill a index migrate to solrcloud, how should we
do?

thanks a lot
Lames

Re: How to migrate index from 3.6 to 4.0 with solrcloud

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you can't upgrade by copying, but I could be wrong. If I'm wrong a
write-up on the Wiki is probably needed.   If I had to migrate I would
reindex.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by Zeng Lames <le...@gmail.com>.
thanks all for your prompt response. i think i know what should i do now.
thank you so much again.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.