Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2023/02/17 22:44:34 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Roadmap for 3.0 release

Since the LTS release model has been formally approved, I'm proposing
the following schedule for the release:

 * Tue - 2023-05-11
       - RC-1
       - Code Freeze -- Only critical fixes will be merged in the 3.0
release branch. Contributors should plan to have all the changes merged in
before this date. Exceptions should be extremely rare and strongly
motivated.

 * Tue - 2023-05-18 - RC-2
 * Tue - 2023-05-25 - RC-3
 * Tue - 2023-05-02 - Announce 3.0 Release

These dates will be published on the website to present users with a
"roadmap" and we should commit to and respect these dates.

I also wanted to propose trying out a model where we have 3 release
managers for all major releases.

The reasoning behind this is for this small group of people to collaborate
and divide the tasks for the release: merging patches from the "master"
branch, preparing RC, and testing.

Since everyone also has other work duties and unexpected tasks that can pop
up at any time, it will help to have redundancy in the release-management
"team", so that we can release on the exact dates.

Thanks,
Matteo

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Roadmap for 3.0 release

Posted by "rxl@apache.org" <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks
Xiaolong Ran

Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.invalid> 于2023年3月3日周五 14:38写道:

Posted by Yubiao Feng <yu...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
The same as Zike (^_^)

Posted by Cong Zhao <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 Looks great!

Thanks,
Cong

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks to Matteo for initiating this release roadmap. I am interested
in this release.

I'd also like to volunteer as a release manager for Apache Pulsar 3.0.0.

Thanks,
Zike Yang

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1