Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Boyden, Timothy" <tb...@Electroswitch.com> on 2017/12/15 18:22:29 UTC

Create Facility bug?

Wondering if anyone is aware of a UI bug with creating new facilities?

From a clean install of OFBiz...

  *   Go to Facility tab
  *   The main page that comes up is a Facility search form
     *   When there have been no facilities added yet, the Facility ID box is empty, and, of course, no Facilities are found.
     *   The button on this form points to creating a new Facility Group, and not a new Facility
  *   Go to Facility Groups sub-tab
  *   Click on default _NA_ group
  *   Click on Facilities sub-tab
     *   This form is similar to what you see the first time clicking on the main Facility tab
     *   Same issue exists here - instead of a button to create a new Facility, the button instead prompts you to create a New Group

The work-around for this, after studying the URL paths, is to navigate to: https://{OFBiz site URL}/facility/control/CreateFacility

That gets you to the correct create facility form, where you can create your first facility. Once you created the first one, then you can get to a Create New Facility button, via the Facility Selection form on the Facilities sub-tab.

Here is a screenshot of the offending UI:

[cid:image001.png@01D375A7.44C78130]

This is what is should look like:

[cid:image002.png@01D375A7.A427B410]

Thanks,

Tim Boyden

Re: Create Facility bug?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Damned this is so much a mess, really r734037should never has been in, let be in and done that way :/

I don't want and can't easily clean all that today because now of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10087 (you can't delete a record, a
facility here)

So like last time I'll use a poor programmer warning in screen or maybe better but not a clean refactoring.

Jacques

RE: Create Facility bug?

Posted by "Boyden, Timothy" <tb...@Electroswitch.com>.
Thanks Jacques.