Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/06/24 16:41:40 UTC

Web Services items for J2EE 1.4

FYI, List of items from J2EE 1.4 spec
(http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html) and where/how they are
being implemented:

# J2EE.6.12 Web Services for J2EE 1.1 Requirements
See http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/contrib/ews/

# J2EE.6.13 Java™ API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC) 1.1
Requirements
Will be part of Axis 1.2 Final

# J2EE.6.14 SOAP with Attachments API for Java™ (SAAJ) 1.2
Will be part of Axis 1.2 Final

# J2EE.6.15 Java™ API for XML Registries (JAXR) 1.0 Requirements
See http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-juddi/extras/jaxr/

Thanks,
dims

RE: Web Services items for J2EE 1.4

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
I'm also very grateful to you for your wonderful work on EWS. (I found that
JAX-RPC mapping part was quite changed. :-)

Regards,

Ias

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the great work.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi All
to add up
1) regarding the EWS and integeration with geronimo I update the WIKI
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EnterpriseWebServices
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EWSGeronimoIntegeration
2)documetation about ews
#index.html
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ws-axis/contrib/ews/docs/index.html
#architecture
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ws-axis/contrib/ews/docs/developer-Guide.html

regards
Srinath
> the ews http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/contrib/ews/ can accepts
> JAR/WAR/EAR packaged Interfaces + Impl Beans + DD and generate
> implementations (as by spec ). The docs have most info. security is there
> to some extents as well.
> This may be time to talk with Jeremy and Luis about finer details how axis
> comes inside geronimo and how the above explained generated classes are
> deployed in.
> Regards
> Srinath
>

>> Here's the last mail from Srinath regarding EWS:
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=7438
>>
>> -- dims
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:13:52 -0700, Dain Sundstrom
>> <da...@coredevelopers.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Where are we on integrating these into geronimo?
>>>
>>> -dain

>> --
>> Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/
>>

> ------------------------------------
> Lanka Sofware Foundation
> ------------------------------------

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: Web Services items for J2EE 1.4

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dims, Jeremy and all;

in the http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~hemapani/JSR109/axis-geronimo.zip I got a
"simple" AxisGbean ..
I start it and invoke a webservice and it works :)

I am just put it there as it is. I am not yet thought about the parameter
AxisGBean should have ..... and it still start with the geronimo test
kernel  I just want to know am going in right path.

Couple of Q's
=============
1) how to get that GBean started when the Geronimo starts up
2) I think when it start up the jetty should be up .. here i did it
explicitly but how to put a dependany .. I do not found how yet ?

I am build this based on the Geronimo test classes there may be way to
make the code look good pls let me know.

Thanks
Srinath

(make sure you point the varibale to the webapps dir in your mechine. -
Read Below).

How to build it
==============
1)copy the axis folder to the geronimo module dir and it can be build as a
geronimo module.
2) before build it make sure that In the "WebserviceContiner" class
"public String WEB_APPS =
"D:/servers/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/deploy/axis";"
 points to your webapps/axis dir  of your local axis :)

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: GBeans? What I learn[Add to WIKI]

Posted by Eric Le Goff <er...@gicm.fr>.
Srinath Perera wrote:

>how about put them in http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GBeans and leave a
>link from the FAQ.
>at the end the info in the GBean might grow too long and fill the FAQ :)
>
>Srinath

+1

Eric

Re: GBeans? What I learn[Add to WIKI]

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eric Le Goff <lg...@numericable.fr>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
please add it to the wiki :)

-- dims

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
Srinath Perera wrote:

> Thanks dims .. I would look in to them and come back geronimo dev if help
> is needed.
> Srinath

It would be worth looking at the deployment code as well - it is the
stuff that converts xml definitions to GBeans as the config is being
built. However, I would steer away from the web container as at this
time it delegates most of this to Jetty which is *not* the way we want
to go (as Jetty should not be dependent on Geronimo or know about things
that are only relevant to a J2EE embedding - unless it wants to of
course :-) )

--
Jeremy

Re: Web Services items for J2EE 1.4

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Thanks dims .. I would look in to them and come back geronimo dev if help
is needed.
Srinath

> Srinath,
>
> Check out the spring support being added to Geronimo. Axis needs to be
> seamlessly integrated into Geronimo. This means adding a AxisGBean
> that allows:
> - No need for custom AxisServlet/AdminServlet entries in web.xml
> - No need to use AdminClient for deploy. Things get automatically
> deployed.
> - Automatic deployment for JSR 109 type descriptor and native axis
> wsdd descriptor
> - All functionality currently in AdminServlet
> (start/stop/enable/disable) available via JMX (or) however Geronimo
> exposes these things.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:47:09 -0400 (EDT), Srinath Perera
> <he...@opensource.lk> wrote:
>> the ews http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/contrib/ews/ can
>> accepts
>> JAR/WAR/EAR packaged Interfaces + Impl Beans + DD and generate
>> implementations (as by spec ). The docs have most info. security is
>> there
>> to some extents as well.
>> This may be time to talk with Jeremy and Luis about finer details how
>> axis
>> comes inside geronimo and how the above explained generated classes are
>> deployed in.
>> Regards
>> Srinath
>>

>> > Here's the last mail from Srinath regarding EWS:
>> > http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=7438
>> >
>> > -- dims

>> > --
>> > Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/