Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/03/02 19:25:13 UTC

"Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Hi,

now that we solved part of the technical problems to start making the real
tasks to skin the components, I was thinking in the main concept for vivid,
and think the name is not right. I take that to avoid thinking and make
starting to work on this, but now I think a best name for this UI set could
be "Jewel", as one of the precious stones use to decorate a crown (like the
one in our Royale logo).

In the other hand the namespace prefix will be "j" so for example we'll be
writing "<j:Button/> that could recall to js and javascript, but more
simple since a think only one letter is very good ;)

I know this is maybe a little thing, and maybe more "a side" from the code
things we use to handle, but I always think that concepts and all the
things that wire all together are as well important so people know we work
all from various sides and try to get the best.

Let me know what do you think about it

Thanks!

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: "Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Thanks for clarification :) That's sounds good! :)

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: "Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

> [...]

> > maybe later could be a problem
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Carlos

> > > Hi Piotr,
> > >
> > > thanks! :), don't worry I can wait for you to come, I can still be
> > > preparing the "scenario" so when you come is all more easy to
> collaborate
> > > :).
> > >
> > > Regarding names and namespace, I'm a great advocate that these things
> > > matters, I know people can use different prefixes if they want, but in
> > the
> > > end, 99% of the people will use what we put on place. The same as
> people
> > > using spark in flex ends writing <s:Button/>.
> > >
> > > but Anyway, I want to know that these change was ok with you all, and
> as
> > > well notify before making changes suddenly in git about this.

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: "Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: "Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: "Vivid" to become "Jewel"

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

thanks! :), don't worry I can wait for you to come, I can still be
preparing the "scenario" so when you come is all more easy to collaborate
:).

Regarding names and namespace, I'm a great advocate that these things
matters, I know people can use different prefixes if they want, but in the
end, 99% of the people will use what we put on place. The same as people
using spark in flex ends writing <s:Button/>.

but Anyway, I want to know that these change was ok with you all, and as
well notify before making changes suddenly in git about this.

Thanks! :)

> Hi Carlos,
>
> First of all - Great job! :) You are again creating something awesome and I
> can't wait to join you with help. Still many things holds me off. :)
>
> Some thought about the namespace, I would not bother about that. User can
> have different namespace if they want. In the other words I can have this
> one:
>
> xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/basic" but I think I could also
> change it to xmlns:basic="library://ns.apache.org/royale/basic" in my app.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr

> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > don't want to disturb the new release, and as I'm working on a branch, I
> > think all this work will no affect that.
> > My plan is to make some real work first, and maybe this weekend make the
> > renaming, but all in the branch.
> > Maybe, if I get a component or two that looks final in this days, we can
> > merge in develop before you cut the release. In that case at that time I
> > could ask you and see what we can't do

> > > Sounds ok to me.  Are you going to try to do that for 0.9.2 or the next
> > > release?
> > >
> > > -Alex
> > >
> > > On 3/2/18, 11:25 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
> > Rovira"