Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 12:24:59 UTC

Console keyboard improvements

Hi,

I am guessing there are more than me that's having trouble with keyboard
with non-us layouts.
I'd like to improve it, atleast for my native charset.

Has anyone done something like this, and have some insight into the process?

I've found this [1], that to some degree explain the process.
If I'm testing locally, what are the steps required to update the files?
Do they rely on the mgmt server or the console proxy?

If the latter, how do I update it (if not manually)?

If anyone wanna co-work on fixing Norwegian charset, let me know :-)

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Non-US+Keyboard+Support+for+Console+Proxy
--
Erik

Re: Console keyboard improvements

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Hi Erik,

I found following link[1] useful do build a modified virtual router
systemvm.
I assume the very same process can be used for the console-vm.

You can upload your own template to ACS and define it in the settings
area via consoleproxy.system.offering

[1] http://bhaisaab.org/logs/building-systemvms/

cheers,

- Stephan

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update.

I'll see how far along it is when I get home from summer vacation before I
do anything else.

--
Erik

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update.

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Hi Erik,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshul,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshul,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

The biggst obstacle is figuring out how the heck to do it (and later on,
the keycodes I guess).

I see Anshul has responded as well, regarding refactoring the process.

I'll try to keep anyone interested updated on my journey.

--
Erik

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Hi Erik,