Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manish Pradhan <ma...@vsnl.com> on 2001/07/19 19:56:28 UTC

Unable to start tomcat server

Kindly explain to me how to configure java_home or tomcat_home property.Because everytime ,I go tostart the tomcat webserver 3.2.2 on my windows 98 system & click on start up.bat there is a message"you must set JAVA_HOME to point at your Java Development Kit Installation.Kindly oblige.

RE: Unable to start tomcat server

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
On your desktop, right click on "My Computer" select "Properties"
under the environment variable settings, create a new variable called
JAVA_HOME and have it point to your java installation
this doc explains it
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=5651&group_id=26042

Filip
~