Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Yuan John Jiang <yj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/15 23:14:18 UTC

JSVC

Hi,

I downloaded the commons-daemon-1.0-Alpha for Linux/RH and got the
following problem.  It looks like a problem finding the
org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
class.  But commons-daemon.jar is definitely in the -cp option.
I'm lost.  I'd appreciate if some one can shed some light.  Thanks.

John
----------------
# jsvc -debug -cp commons-daemon.jar:... MAIN-CLASS

jsvc.exec debug: redirecting stdout to /dev/null and stderr to
/dev/null
library /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_02/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so loaded
jsvc.exec debug: JVM library entry point found (0x401EF864)
jsvc.exec debug: | Version:                       10002
jsvc.exec debug: |   "-Djava.class.path=commons-daemon.jar:...
(0x00000000)
jsvc.exec debug: Java VM created successfully
jsvc.exec error: Cannot find daemon loader
org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 1