Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier THIERRY <ol...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 09:36:26 UTC

Maven tries to download snapshots in offline mode

Hi,

I encounter problems using snapshots and offline mode with Maven
2.0.9.Maven tries to download snapshots while it should not since I
run in offline
mode ! I checked the dependencies it tries to retrieve are already in mu
repository so I think this is really a bug with Maven. It looks like other
people have the same problem as there is a JIRA :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2433 This JIRA has been closed, but it
was not solved, so I think it should be reopened !

What is strange is that I don't have the problem if I run "mvn install" on a
workstation with no network. But if I run "mvn -o install", the problem
occurs ! It should be the opposite, doesn't it ?

Here is the logs I have when running "mvn -o install". Hope it will help to
solve this very annoying bug :

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.drools:drools-core:jar:4.0.4M-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.drools -DartifactId=drools-core
-Dversion=4.0.4M-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.drools -DartifactId=drools-core
-Dversion=4.0.4M-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
      1) t4:t4-core-utils-core:ejb:1.0-SNAPSHOT
      2) t4:t4-utils:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
      3) org.drools:drools-core:jar:4.0.4M-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  t4:t4-core-utils-core:ejb:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-m2-snapshot (http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo),
  central (http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo),
  andromda (http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo),
  snapshots (http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo)

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your
local
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Missing:
----------
[...]

    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:575)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
    at
    at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException:
Missing:
----------
[...]

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:324)
    at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:288)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1415)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:405)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
    ... 16 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 53 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 01 09:14:56 CEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 35M/63M
[INFO]

Thanks in advance for your help

Olivier

Re: Maven tries to download snapshots in offline mode

Posted by Olivier THIERRY <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I tried with Maven 2.0.6 and it doesn't work neither. Not it looks like the
problem has not been solved. Or maybe there's a use case for which it has
not been solved.
I just tried again with Maven 2.0.9 and I have exactly the same problem. Not
the same error than yesterday, I can't understand why !
I checked again that the artifacts are in my local repository : they are.

Here is the log :

-----------

GroupId: org.andromda.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: andromda-maven-plugins
Version: 3.4-SNAPSHOT

Reason: System is offline.
  org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugins:pom:3.4-SNAPSHOT

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your
local
repository will be inaccessible.

-----------

We use Artifactory as a company repository.

We added the following mirrors in settings.xml  :

-----------
<mirror>
<id>andromda</id>
<mirrorOf>andromda</mirrorOf>
<name>AndroMDA Repository</name>
<url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
</mirror>

<mirror>
<id>apache-incubator</id>
<mirrorOf>apache-incubator</mirrorOf>
<name>Apache Incubator Repository</name>
<url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
</mirror>

<mirror>
<id>jboss</id>
<mirrorOf>jboss</mirrorOf>
<name>JBoss Repository</name>
<url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
</mirror>

<mirror>
<id>central</id>
<mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
<name>JBoss Repository</name>
<url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
</mirror>

<mirror>
<id>apache-m2-snapshot</id>
<mirrorOf>apache-m2-snapshot</mirrorOf>
<name>JBoss Repository</name>
<url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
</mirror>

-----------

And we have a parent pom for all our projects with this configuration for
repositories :

-----------
    <repositories>
          <repository>
                <id>andromda</id>
                <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
                <snapshots>
                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                    <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                </snapshots>
          </repository>
          <repository>
                <id>apache-m2-snapshot</id>
                <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
                <snapshots>
                    <enabled>false</enabled>
                </snapshots>
          </repository>
          <repository>
                <id>central</id>
                <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
                <snapshots>
                      <enabled>false</enabled>
                </snapshots>
          </repository>
          <repository>
                <id>snapshots</id>
                <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
                <releases>
                      <enabled>true</enabled>
                      <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                </releases>
          </repository>
    </repositories>

    <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>andromda</id>
            <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>central</id>
            <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>snapshots</id>
            <url>http://10.11.4.108:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
            </releases>
        </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>

----

Hope it will help understand where the problem comes from.

Cheers,

Olivier

Posted by Olivier THIERRY <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net> wrote:

> Well, if I were you, I would retry with maven 2.0.6 (the version where this
> bug was supposed to be fixed).
> Then, if it works with 2.0.6, you could consider reopen the bug as a
> regression.
>
> Before doing so, might be better to receive the blessing here from a maven
> committer :).

+1 for reopening, and looking at the ticket there is already enough user
blessings to warrant it being reopened.

Jorg

Re: Maven tries to download snapshots in offline mode

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
> [...]

>    at
>
> org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:324)
>    at
>
> org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:288)
>    at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1415)
>    at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:405)
>    at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>    ... 16 more
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 53 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 01 09:14:56 CEST 2008

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !