Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by stocks alex <al...@apache.org> on 2021/10/18 06:21:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] rename apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to apache/pixiu

Hi, all

As we dubbo-go community plans t o add more features for the proj
apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to let it become a sidecar, such as event mesh/db
mesh, and it also has the ability to communicate with gRPC/SpringCloud, its
ability is more than Dubbo.

When I communicate with our users, I spend a lot of time to let them know
apache/dubbo-go-pixiu is  not confined in Dubbo. The function of Pixiu is
beyond Dubbo now.   So I suggest that we should rename its name from
apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to apache/pixiu.

Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] rename apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to apache/pixiu

Posted by Xeno Amess <xe...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Agree with KimmKing.

Adding apache/pixiu should go incubate it first, not simply add it.

After all if it can pass directly, then dubbo-a becom apache/a directly,
then dubbo-b becom apache/b directly, then dubbo-a becom apache/a
directly... In the end we might receive 114514 amazing repos from dubbo.

That will be a total disaster.

haohongfan <ha...@126.com> 于2021年10月18日周一 下午2:40写道:

Posted by haohongfan <ha...@126.com>.
+1 agree

Posted by zhaoyunxing <zh...@apache.org>.
agree

张训 <18...@163.com> 于2021年10月18日周一 下午2:31写道:

Posted by 张训 <18...@163.com>.
+1, agree.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> As we dubbo-go community plans t o add more features for the proj
> apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to let it become a sidecar, such as event mesh/db
> mesh, and it also has the ability to communicate with gRPC/SpringCloud, its
> ability is more than Dubbo.

Since this project has been donated to ASF as a side project of Dubbo, I am afraid there’s a restriction of the naming convention that a side project need to follow, for example all projects must start with or contains the key ‘dubbo’ keyword.

Jun

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi, Alex,
    IMO, if apache/dubbo-go-pixiu project want to apache/pixiu project, it should be voted to an incubating project and then named incubator-pixiu.After a period of time graduating from Apache Incubator to a TLP, finally it's apache/pixiu.

--

Kimm King(kimmking@apache.org/kimmking@163.com)
Apache Dubbo&ShardingSphere PMC Member

Posted by wongoo <wo...@apache.org>.
agree to rename it to pixiu.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 2:20 PM stocks alex <al...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> As we dubbo-go community plans t o add more features for the proj
> apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to let it become a sidecar, such as event mesh/db
> mesh, and it also has the ability to communicate with gRPC/SpringCloud, its
> ability is more than Dubbo.
>
> When I communicate with our users, I spend a lot of time to let them know
> apache/dubbo-go-pixiu is  not confined in Dubbo. The function of Pixiu is
> beyond Dubbo now.   So I suggest that we should rename its name from
> apache/dubbo-go-pixiu to apache/pixiu.
>
> Alex

Wongoo