Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com> on 2013/12/18 15:20:48 UTC

Deploy virtual machine using POST

Hi,

Could someone confirm whether cloudstack supports firing an API with POST method via curl/wget? If yes please give an example.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

RE: Deploy virtual machine using POST

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
1. I believe yes as per link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DeployVirtualMachine+userdata+enhancements

2.  Using curl, we can do some thing like this. curl --request POST --data "Base64EncodedData" http://CS_url_with_cmd

3. I just tried doing it using marvinRequest and it worked. If it is failing using marvin, please check you are using python2.7 as default python version EX:  "python -V" should give version 2.7.. Make python2.7 your default python version and try again using marvin. You can directly use requests library from python-2.7 shell and use requests.post() to send the data.

Thanks!
Santhosh