Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de> on 2009/05/16 17:58:57 UTC

Asynch Extension Activity does not complete properly

Hello Oders,

I think i just found a bug in the ODE trunk in ExtensionContext. The
scenario is
- An extension Activity extending AbstractAsynchExtensionOperation
- the run method does neither complete with errors nor it completes
successfully (intended!)
- a java timer waits 10 seconds and the calls context.completeWithFault.
- then the activity gets marked as faulted, but the process runs until it is
stopped by the 30 second axis2 call timeout.

I think the situation that the activity gets marked as faulted is somehow
not propagated to the navigator, as the process could be completed just
after the timer fires (e.g. after 10 seconds, as shown above).

Does this seem plausible? If someone is interested i can supply the
extension code and the according bpel file.

greets
Chris

Re: Asynch Extension Activity does not complete properly

Posted by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de>.
Hi Tammo,

ODE-606 is now the according jira bug

greets