Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2014/05/25 18:22:22 UTC

Website

All,

One of our responsibilities is to provide a website for Apache
Brooklyn. Our space - https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/ - is
currently empty.

We do have an existing website for Brooklyn -
https://brooklyncentral.github.io/ - but it is recognised that
although this site is comprehensive documentation, it's not really a
suitable home page for Brooklyn. Therefore, myself and Alasdair Hodge
at Cloudsoft began work on a new website.

This website has so far not gone live. However, we need something to
fill our Apache webspace, and I'd rather not deploy the old website
since the new one is close to completion. Therefore, I've put some
effort into finishing off the new website design, and filling it with
enough content to get us started.

I've "previewed" the new website here:
https://people.apache.org/~richard/

My key question is: is this a "minimum viable" website? Is it suitable
to be deployed now (and further changes made incrementally)? If not,
what needs to be done before it can be deployed?

Thanks for your comments.

Richard.

Re: Website

Posted by David Toy <da...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Richard, Martin

Updated Getting Started docs were recently merged to master. It should be a
c+p to fix the fixmes.

It would be good to add some reference/link to GitHub in the source code
section of the downloads page.

Thanks,
David

Re: Website