Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Erik Weibust <er...@weibust.net> on 2006/01/10 23:53:55 UTC

problem with email comments

I am new to Roller.  Just downloaded/installed yesterday.  I've read
the Roller FAQ, and the Install FAQ.  Neither had any good insight
into my problem.  I'm having a problem getting an email sent when a
comment is posted.  I know the email address being used is good
because it's mine.

I'm getting the following msg in my roller.log:

WARN  2006-01-10 16:42:15,707 CommentServlet:sendEmailNotification - Exception s
ending comment mail: Unable to send message to some recipients;
  nested exception is:
        javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
  nested exception is:
        javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
        javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 <er...@weibust.net>... Relaying
  denied. IP name lookup failed [69.90.80.36]

Any help would be appreciated.

erik

--
Erik Weibust
developer, blogger - http://erik.weibust.net

Re: problem with email comments

Posted by Erik Weibust <er...@weibust.net>.
thanks for the heads up Matt.  Keith came to the rescue and said to
use localhost for my mail.smtp.host.  offline, i'd like to hear your
comments on kgb's service.

i have another question about roller and mail settings but it's
different enough i'll start another thread.

erik

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weibust <er...@weibust.net>.

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
Your problem is with your SMTP server, not with Roller.

javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 <er...@weibust.net>... Relaying
>   denied. IP name lookup failed [69.90.80.36]

that's telling you that your SMTP server denied sending the message.  You'll have to check your mail server config and make sure that you can actually send mail from the computer running Roller.

-- Allen