Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Amir Saad <Am...@bibalex.org> on 2006/02/28 10:11:31 UTC

Duplicate entries

I use Xindice 1 on Linux,
I have many XML documents, each contains 100 entry. I think some of these entries are repeated, is there any algorithm to be followed to avoid inserting repeated entries in the collection?
another question, if I inserted the document X.xml to the collection, can I add some entries to the same document in the collection later?
Thanks
Amir Saad
Software Engineer

Re: Duplicate entries

Posted by by...@cns.montana.edu.
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Amir Saad wrote:

> I use Xindice 1 on Linux,
> I have many XML documents, each contains 100 entry. I think some of these entries are repeated, is there any algorithm to be followed to avoid inserting repeated entries in the collection?

The easiest way would be to check fore the dubplicates before you create
the XML documents. Would be alot more efficient to do it in your personal
code.

> another question, if I inserted the document X.xml to the collection, can I add some entries to the same document in the collection later?

XUpdate will help you out here. Here is a basic guide to get you going:
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-developer.html