Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Martin Hauner <ma...@gmx.net> on 2008/05/02 16:45:34 UTC

make win32 crash report public?

Hi,

I would like to use svn's windows crash report in my client. Am I allowed to
make it a public api? ;-)

I would like to make "svn__unhandled_exception_filter" public and add api
call(s) to supress or change the stderr message in it and to customize
"CRASHREPORT_EMAIL" and "LOGFILE_PREFIX". Maybe i also want to change the
MINIDUMP_TYPE in write_minidump_file.

Something like

svn_crashrpt.h:
svn_crashrpt_unhandled_exception_filter
svn_crashrpt_init_message(const char*)
svn_crashrpt_init_email(const char*)
svn_crashrpt_init_log_prefix(const char*)
svn_crashrpt_init_minidump_type(...)

--
Martin

Subcommander 2.0.0 Beta 2, 1.2.4 - http://subcommander.tigris.org
a Win32/Unix/MacOSX subversion GUI client & diff/merge tool.

Re: make win32 crash report public?

Posted by Martin Hauner <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Lieven Govaerts wrote:
> Martin Hauner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to use svn's windows crash report in my client. Am I
>> allowed to make it a public api? ;-)
>
> Sure, if that makes it more useful to you.

Never mind, but spending more time on this i have changed my mind. I will keep
my own code.

While trying both versions i found the bug in my code that broke the symbol
lookup. :) The only thing my code is missing is the local/parameter variable
handling. I guess i will try to add it.

Sorry for the spam ;-)

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Martin Hauner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use svn's windows crash report in my client. Am I
> allowed to make it a public api? ;-)

Sure, if that makes it more useful to you.

> I would like to make "svn__unhandled_exception_filter" public

Hm, why?

> and add api call(s) to supress or change the stderr message in it and to
> customize "CRASHREPORT_EMAIL" and "LOGFILE_PREFIX". Maybe i also want to
> change the MINIDUMP_TYPE in write_minidump_file.
>
> Something like
>
> svn_crashrpt.h:
> svn_crashrpt_unhandled_exception_filter

> svn_crashrpt_init_message(const char*)
> svn_crashrpt_init_email(const char*)

Or, make a new callback function 'svn_crashrpt_report' that takes the
log & dump filenames? This allows you to print an error message, show a
popup or do whatever you like with it.

> svn_crashrpt_init_log_prefix(const char*)
> svn_crashrpt_init_minidump_type(...)

Why not make one callback that requests all of the needed info? This
looks more consistent with the rest of the API.

Lieven