Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by JMOSSER <ja...@nisc.coop> on 2007/10/02 20:30:56 UTC

Feedback completely broken after commit of WICKET-836 ?

Please pardon me if this is a noob observation, I am fairly new to Wicket but
not new to Java.  I inherited a project that was based on Wicket 1.2.6 and I
am trying to migrate it to 1.3.0 to take advantage of some of the nifty new
features.

In an effort to avoid the sessionKey issue of the Wicket 1.3.0-beta3
release, I started using snapshot builds.  Currently I am using a snapshot
from September 28th.

After making all of the known/expected code changes, I found that feedback
(in snapshots, at runtime) appears to be totally broken.

My semi-educated guess is that since IFeedback objects no longer implement
updateFeedback() ... their 'isVisible' state is not being updated
accordingly.

I think I tracked it back to this commit:

I guess I don't really have a direct question other than what the subject
says.

Any expert comment on this situation would be appreciated.

Regards,
  JM

Re: Feedback completely broken after commit of WICKET-836 ?

Posted by JMOSSER <ja...@nisc.coop>.

igor.vaynberg wrote:

> a good secondary action will be to reopen that issue, so matej knows there
> is a problem in case he doesnt read this thread.

Igor, Thanks for the quick response and the advice.  Matej is now aware of
the issue.  For anyone interested, the dissection of the problem can be
found on the comments of WICKET-836.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, It's not feedback that is broken. It's the
FormComponentFeedbackIndicator/Border that is broken. Looking at the
code, probably changing updateFeedback to onBeforeRender should fix
the problem.

As for the other FeedbackPanel problem you mention, can you be more
specific? I haven't noticed any problem with it.

-Matej

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.