Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au> on 2007/03/20 12:22:39 UTC

Site Builds Failing?

I have not tried this on site-author yet but I have tried to build and
deploy 3 other sites that uses 0.8-dev.

On ALL of them now I get build failed.

X [0]   index.pdf     BROKEN: master-reference
 'book' for fo:page-sequence matches no simple-page-master or
page-sequence-master

This happens on all PDF files.

I'll have a look but if anyone knows already ...

Gav...

Re: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> I have done from forrest_home
>
> 'svn revert . -R'
> 'svn up'
> cd/main
> forrest clean
> build

It is rather ...

cd main
build clean
build

The 'forrest clean' is something that you can do in each
of your project spaces.

-David

Re: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

I just forrest site on site-author and everything is fine, as expected.

> What is the best practice people use when they have to bring their site
> directories and builds upto date with trunk?

Watch the commit messages for any changes in the seed sites that may
affect your sites.

Keep an eye on status.xml for notes on changes affecting backward
compatibility.

do svn log on the the seed sites and look for any changes you missed

I'm afraid there is no "easy way" if you are using SVN code. In this
case some work was one recently on the PDF handling in dispatcher. Not
sure if that affects you or not.

> If they were built from 'forrest seed' or 'forrest seed-sample' and then
> all the content .xml files were added, site.xml, tabs.xml etc all altered
> etc etc, but then trunk has changed along the way, these sites may now
> not be compatible when built again.
>
> This is just a guess at what has happened to my sites.
>
> Is it safe to copy the src/documentation/** directories elsewhere, seed a
> new
> site and then copy ssrc/documentation/** back again, would that work?

Not always, because, for example, if a new property is created in
forrest.properties you will overwrite this when copying back your own
version.

Ross

RE: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Ok found the problem, my sites had recent older copies of pelt.fv and did
not have the changes to dispatcher and themes.core applied.

Thanks,

Gav...

RE: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

RE: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Hmm, thanks, I'll look, but I don't remember changing anything lately.

Gav...

Re: Site Builds Failing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.