Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michael A. Tucker" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 16:29:58 UTC

SSL setup help

Re: SSL setup help

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The entry
keystoreFile="${/usr/local/jre1.6.0_06/bin/keystore.key}/.keystore" is
almost certainly wrong.  For this to work, you would have to start Tomcat
with the weird
entry -D/usr/local/jre1.6.0_06/bin/keystore.key=/path/to/my/keystore/keys.
Tomcat does variable substitution when parsing the various config xml files
based on System properties when it sees something like ${variable}. (This is
a Tomcat-specific feature, so you can't count on porting it to another
container).

"Michael A. Tucker" <mi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Re: SSL setup help

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
To configure tomcat using SSL on Windows I use:
multi-host tomcat ssl on windows
download and install java 1.5 jdk
set JAVA_HOME to the root of the JDK directory
add JAVA_HOME\bin to the path
install Visual C++ 2008 redistributable
download and install openssl
http://www.openssl.org --> related -->binaries (at the top)
place the files in c:\program files\openssl
set OPENSSL_HOME to c:\program files\openssl
add OPENSSL_HOME\bin to the path
search for an openssl.cnf on google
download and install tomcat
download tomcat and extract to c:\program files\apache software
foundation\tomcat
set CATALINE_HOME to c:\program files\apache software foundation\tomcat
download tomcat native and extract to CATALINA_HOME\bin
add CATALINA_HOME\bin to the path
set CLASSPATH to
.;%CATALINA_HOME%\libservlet-api.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\lib\jsp-api.jar
cd %CATALINA_HOME\conf
mkdir ssl
cd ssl
genrsa -aes256 -out key.pem 8192
Enter pass phrase for key.pem: proactix
req -new -key key.pem -sha1 -x509 -out cert.pem

<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"
port="443"
enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100"  maxThreads="200"
scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.home}/conf/ssl/cert.pem"
SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.home}/conf/ssl/key.pem"
SSLPassword="proactix"
sslProtocol="TLSv1"/>

The same should be similar on Linux

Regards,

Serge Fonville

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Michael A. Tucker <