Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2020/07/24 05:52:35 UTC

[ANN] Cayenne 4.1 goes final

Very excited to announce the final / GA release of Apache Cayenne 4.1! It is available on Maven central and as a download on cayenne.apache.org.

For the 4.0 users this is an exciting upgrade, offering an immediate and tangible performance boost (field-based data objects) and a new easy automated ORM workflow (modeler-based DB import). See this short video [1] for details. And here is a website announcement [2].

It's been "only" 2 years since 4.0 went final. Our GA cycles are shortening, and will hopefully shorten even further with 4.2.

Thanks to everyone who made it happen - developers, users, testers. We have an amazing community that sustained this project over the years! Looking forward to the new things that are happening in 4.2, and the plans beyond that.

Andrus

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW3l7bAJgKg
[2] https://cayenne.apache.org/2020/07/cayenne-41-final-released/
[3] Bug fixes since 4.1.RC2:

CAY-2642 EhCache memory leak due to misconfiguration
CAY-2643 ObjectSelect.prefetch(name, semantics) method creates a phantom node
CAY-2646 Wrong target path selection logic in cgen config
CAY-2647 Modeler: project upgrade from 4.0.B2 to 4.1.RC2 failure
CAY-2653 No methods for queries with qualifier parameters generated
CAY-2654 Exception in dbimport when relationships should be imported, but no explicit configuration exists

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 4.1 goes final

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
Congratulations guys and thanks for all your hard work!

- hugi

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 4.1 goes final

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 4.1 goes final