Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sam Kirshteyn <sk...@genecoop.com> on 2000/11/03 15:30:57 UTC

-help

Hi,

I installed Ant and when I try to execute it, I get this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir does not exist
	at  org.apache.tools.ant.DirectoryScanner.scan(DirectoryScanner.java:655)
 	at ...
      at ...
      at ...

It finds the build.xml file and I have all the variables set...  Could
someone please help?  Thanks,

Sam K.

Re: -help

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 SK> Hi, I installed Ant and when I try to execute it, I get this
 SK> error:

 SK> java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir does not exist at

This means that you are passing a dir attribute to a fileset (or
something similar like basedir to jar) pointing to a directory that is
not there.

You should be able to find the task that is failing by looking at the
output of Ant (if necessary run ant -verbose) and closely examine your
attributes there, most likely a typo.

If this doesn't help, post your build file here together with the
output of ant -verbose.

Stefan