Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by pe...@kisstechnologies.co.uk on 2004/01/10 14:36:14 UTC

Remote delivery threads

Hi,
something I was wondering about is how the remote delivery system works.
Obvioulsy there is a mailet which handles putting mails into the outgoing
spool for remote delivery, and the mailet logs suggest it is thi smailet
iself which does the delivery.  My question is in what framework do the
threads which actually do the dleivery reside?  I mean this in the sense
that they arent I imagine started by the mailet, but are a part of the
spoolmanager?
If they were started by the mailet what happens if you restart the server
and then dont relay any mail through it?
Thanks
Pete

Kiss Technologies

http://www.kisstechnologies.co.uk/