Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Na...@healthnet.com on 2006/12/29 01:52:21 UTC

arbator configuration file problem for Oralce 9i

Hello There,

Can someone please help with correct DriverClass entry for oracle 9i in
IBATIS Arbator config file?

I am trying to use IBATIS Arbator, however, am having problem connecting to
Oralce 9i database.
There seams to be a problem with DriverClass entery.
Here is the connection info in the configuration file:

<abatorConfiguration>
  <abatorContext>    <!-- TODO: Add Database Connection Information -->
    <jdbcConnection driverClass="Oracle (Thin Driver)"
        connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myserver:1521:DEV"
        userId=""
        password="tapeutil">
      <classPathEntry location="C:\eclipse_sdk_3_2_1\eclipse\plugins"
></classPathEntry>
    </jdbcConnection>

Below is the error log

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception getting JDBC Driver
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.internal.db.ConnectionFactory.getDriver(ConnectionFactory.java:96)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.internal.db.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:61)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.config.AbatorContext.getConnection(AbatorContext.java:290)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.config.AbatorContext.generateFiles(AbatorContext.java:243)
      at org.apache.ibatis.abator.api.Abator.generate(Abator.java:149)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.ui.actions.RunAbatorThread.run(RunAbatorThread.java:79)
      at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
      at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.ui.actions.RunAbatorAction$AbatorRunner.run(RunAbatorAction.java:140)
      at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Oracle (Thin Driver)
      at
org.apache.ibatis.abator.internal.db.ConnectionFactory.getDriver(ConnectionFactory.java:91)

Thanks
Nasser

This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the original sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer. Thank you.

Re: arbator configuration file problem for Oralce 9i

Posted by "Julio S. G." <ju...@gmail.com>.
   Hi Nasser,

   First you have to write the correct classname. The error "Caused
by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Oracle (Thin Driver)" is that
the "Oracle (Thin Driver)" isn't a class name. Try something like
driverClass="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
   Then, at least this point will be solved. I'm not sure but I think
that the classpath can't be the folder if that class (OracleDriver)
remains in a jar/zip file. I suggest to change that entry to
<classPathEntry
location="/oraclexe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar"/>
(of course, you have to change the path according to your
configuration).

Julio