Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 14:45:13 UTC

How to use kafka as flume source.

Hi,

We are planning to use kafka as *flume source*. Please advice me, how to
use kafka as source in flume.

please share if there is any best example of *flume- kafka source- hdfs
sink*.

Regards,

Rafeeq S
*(“What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.” )*

Re: How to use kafka as flume source.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Just to update (better late than never!):
The Kafka source & sink for Flume were updated to latest Kafka version
and improved a bit (offsets are now committed after data is written to
Flume channel).
If you build Flume from trunk, you'll get these.

Gwen

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.