Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Jordan <Da...@sas.com> on 2013/03/12 21:10:04 UTC

where is binary distribution of Xalan-J???

When I go to the URL provided for downloading the latest binaries:
http://apache.mirrors.pair.com/xalan/xalan-j/

it is an empty directory. Where do I download it???

David Jordan
Senior Software Developer
SAS Institute Inc.
Health & Life Sciences, Research & Development
Bldg R ▪ Office 4467
600 Research Drive ▪ Cary, NC 27513
Tel: 919 531 1233 ▪ david.jordan@sas.com<ma...@sas.com>
www.sas.com<http://www.sas.com/>
SAS® … THE POWER TO KNOW®

Re: where is binary distribution of Xalan-J???

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Michael,

Yesterday I was able to extract the Xalan-Java release from the archives,
validate the signatures, and submit Version 2.7.1 to the new mirror
location
(dist)/xalan/xalan-j/

Today, I see that the Xalan-Java v2.7.1 distribution is available on most
of the mirrors.

Do any links on the Xalan-Java website pages need to be adjusted?

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Projects

> Hi Steven,
>
> The current release (Xalan-J 2.7.1) should have been posted to the mirrors
> when the download area was migrated.
>
> The archives are not mirrored and are not the natural place users would
> look for the current release.
>
> We need to fix this. I'm going to look into how to get them republished.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Technologies and WAS Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org
>
> "Steven J. Hathaway" <sh...@e-z.net> wrote on 16/03/2013 12:14:31 AM:
>
>> David,
>>
>> The Xalan projects were children of Apache XML that has been
>> retired.  When a new release
>> becomes available, it will be posted to the mirrors.  The last
>> official release is available
>> from the Apache Archives.
>>
>> The binary downloads are available from the archives:
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/xalan-j
>>
>> The current sources are available from subversion:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/trunk
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven J. Hathaway
>> Xalan Documentation Project
>>
>> On 3/12/2013 1:10 PM, David Jordan wrote:
>> When I go to the URL provided for downloading the latest binaries:
>> http://apache.mirrors.pair.com/xalan/xalan-j/
>>
>> it is an empty directory. Where do I download it???
>>
>> David Jordan
>> Senior Software Developer
>> SAS Institute Inc.
>> Health & Life Sciences, Research & Development
>> Bldg R ▪ Office 4467
>> 600 Research Drive ▪ Cary, NC 27513
>> Tel: 919 531 1233 ▪ david.jordan@sas.com
>> www.sas.com
>> SAS® … THE POWER TO KNOW®

Re: where is binary distribution of Xalan-J???

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Michael,

I have copied the Xalan-J 2.7.1 release artifacts to their new home in the
Apache Xalan tree.  It will probably take a few hours for the mirrors to
reflect the changes (Not using svnpubsub distribution).

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Steven,