Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nitin Gupta <ng...@apache.org> on 2022/12/13 07:06:17 UTC

[Release Plan] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.46.0

Hi All,

I plan on cutting the release for Oak 1.46.0 in the next couple of days.

Here is the list of issues -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/OAK/versions/12352077

There are 8 issues in TODO and 1 issue in Progress.

Please check if there is no objection in moving those over to the next
release ?

Thanks,
Nitin

Re: [Release Plan] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.46.0

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 13.12.2022 08:06, Nitin Gupta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I plan on cutting the release for Oak 1.46.0 in the next couple of days.
>
> Here is the list of issues -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/OAK/versions/12352077
>
> There are 8 issues in TODO and 1 issue in Progress.
>
> Please check if there is no objection in moving those over to the next
> release ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin

Thanks Nitin.

I have resolved one (which apparently is already in 1.44 - OAK-9670),
and un-scheduled a few that either are unimportant or just affect the site.

What's left is

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-9747?jql=project%20%3D%2012313221%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%2012352077%20%20and%20NOT%20(status%20%3D%20resolved%20or%20status%3Dclosed)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20ASC>

> Improvement 	OAK-9747
>
> Download resume needs to handle hidden nodes
> 	Major 	Open 	Unresolved 	08/Apr/22 	12/Jul/22 	indexing 	Thomas Mueller

> Improvement 	OAK-9754
>
> Increase default dump threshold for multithreaded download
> 	Major 	Open 	Unresolved 	26/Apr/22 	12/Jul/22 	indexing 	Yu-An Lin

> Improvement 	OAK-9758
>
> Oak run indexing silently broken without tika.jar (text rendition)
> 	Major 	Reopened 	Unresolved 	05/May/22 	12/Jul/22 	  	Yu-An Lin

> Improvement 	OAK-9759
>
> Improve oak-run indexing IT tests: facets
> 	Major 	Open 	Unresolved 	05/May/22 	12/Jul/22 	  	Yu-An Lin

As these have been in this state for ~ half a year I would propose to
re-schedule them for 1.48 (or remove the fixVersion).

Best regards, Julian

Re: [Release Plan] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.46.0

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
-1 on that proposal. Why revert the plugin updates if there is an easy fix? Managing each plugin update in individual JIRA/commit is an effort I am not willing to invest. Also this wouldn’t have made this issue any easier to detect. From my perspective backporting the plugin updates as a whole to 1.22 should be no real problem.

Konrad

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Nitin Gupta <ng...@apache.org>.