Posted to community@apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/05/10 21:24:32 UTC

ApacheCon Website Consultant Wanted

here's the text I came up with.  Edits/feedback before I resend this
to community, members and jobs @a.o?

----------------------

Second call, please read...

Frazier, Stone Circle's website producer, is seeking a Ruby on Rails developer
with [NO] Adobe Flash experience.  The developer will be building new sites
for ApacheCon based on an existing backend framework, without the flash that
so many hollered about, but building a site with more 'geek' sensibility.

The shopping cart and other conference backends are finished, but the
front-facing site must be redone without flash, tied to their custom
content management system backend.  Site contents are XML driven, strong
XML-fu is required.  Within those constraints, they seek a solution-driven
consultant to bring these customer-facing sites to production.

This is a *Paid* gig, if you want to help ApacheCon grow, support a really
dedicated production company, deploy the producers' designs with your own
input, flex your Ruby on Rails fu, and make coin in the process, please
contact Frazier@propanelabs.com - the ApacheCon US site work starts yesterday
and this has the potential to be a long term gig with two more years worth
of shows already contracted for.

Yours,

Bill

Re: ApacheCon Website Consultant Wanted

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> here's the text I came up with.  Edits/feedback before I resend this
> to community, members and jobs @a.o?

proving once again 'reply-to munging considered harmful' has nothing to do
with the munging - it's all EBCAD (error between chair and desk).  Anyways,
if this interests you, please contact Fraiser promptly, the ConCom is nearly
set to begin publicizing ApacheCon US/Atlanta!