Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Maarten Dirkse <Ma...@filterworks.com> on 2008/02/26 21:51:37 UTC

[Trinidad] The mystery of the disappearing, reappearing nested tr:table variable

Hi,
I have a fascination, and annoying, problem. I'm trying to nest a
tr:table in the "detailStamp" facet of another tr:table, like so:

value="#{bean1.owners}">
      <f:facet name="detailStamp">
value="#{owner.rights}" emptyText="No rights assigned yet.">
      </f:facet>

The bean1 class has an "owner" list of objects that each have a "table"
(CoreTable) property. My idea was to bind the table in the detail view
of the outer tr:table to the "table" property of the bean to which the
detailview belongs. It seems logical enough, but trying to just render
the page yields the following error:

javax.faces.FacesException: JspPropertyNotFoundException:
/main.jsp(114,130) '#{owner.table}' Target Unreachable, identifier
'owner' resolved to null

Which is fascinating, because when I take out the "binding" attribute on
the inner table, it renders just fine. That means that #{owner} resolves
when it is used in 'value="#{owner.rights}"', but not when used in
'binding="#{owner.table}"' (hence the subject about the disappearing,
reappearing variable).

Can anyone tell me what's going on? And does anybody know of a way to
find out which row was clicked in the detailView (ie nested) table?

Thanks in advance,
Maarten

Filterworks BV
Information Compliance