Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2002/08/21 18:25:36 UTC

RE: Big File Upload => MySQLContentStore and PacketTooBigException - SOLVED

Hi Ingo

I just discovered the same solution (in a sun forum), and I amended the
max_allowed_packet entry in the my.ini file.  It worked fine for me, and has
solved my problem, but what I might add is that it only works if you set the
max size to WAY above the expected maximum FILE (yes, the whole thing!)
size... now this might seem a bit odd, and upload overheads alone cannot
account for this... but it works nonetheless.

Thanks for your solution.

Regards
Stuart