Posted to lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/03/13 22:14:34 UTC

Quick announcement

Just to let you know the lokahi-dev, lokahi-commits, and lokahi-private lists
are now established.  Neil and I are moderators (these initial posts I'm
moderating but help will be useful, later, as non-participants email us patches,
bug reports or notes from other corners of the ASF.)

Steve, the status entry looked great.  Repost here and I'll commit it to the
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lokahi.html status entry.

Your account creation requests are all registered, and svn will be created very
shortly.  We should decide how our svn repository should be structured under;

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/

that is, do we want

   trunk/
   branches/
   tags/

directly under the top level, or do we want

   site/
   src/

under the top level, and the trunk/tags/branches under those?

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Steve, the status entry looked great.  Repost here and I'll commit it to the
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lokahi.html status entry.

I should have said, post to lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org, and also cc
the general@incubator.apache.org list.  If we do this today, last month
of each quarter will become our reporting date (along with the last month
that we ask to graduate and become designated as a TLP).

Bill

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
I created it the other way for the following reason...

/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/site/...

we aren't likely to even tag this - generally we sync the website
to trunk, unless someone decides to do a site refactoring.  Certainly
the 'state of the site' doesn't matter when rolling a project tarball.

/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/lokahi/...

could have been named source, but here would sit the first lokahi main
tree, at /repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/lokahi/trunk (which is where the
initial import would occur.)

Anything going into our tarball would fall into lokahi/lokahi/trunk.
Anything that doesn't 'fit', the website, status files, whatever, can
all be deposited under their own (new) trees.

Take a look at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/...
and if you prefer - we can rearrange.  Just waiting for an ack of the
account creation requests at this point, and we can start loading code.

Bill

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by drtobes <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Since this didn't hit general@incubator.apache.org, it looks like we can simply
submit next month (when there will be more to report.)

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Quick announcement

Posted by drtobes <dr...@gmail.com>.
Project is just starting incubation. CLAs are on file for the initial