Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/02/12 23:25:12 UTC

1.2.6

I'm happy with 1.2.6-dev.  So I'd like to start the release clock.  I
propose to roll the tarball next weds, the 18th of Feb.  If folks want to
toy with the latest and don't want to haul down the entire repository,
I've got it at www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/apache/1.2.6-dev.tar.gz.

How's that sound?

Dean

Re: 1.2.6

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 02:25:12PM -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> ... I propose to roll the tarball next weds, the 18th of Feb. ...
>
> How's that sound?

+1. I backported the ReliantUNIX detection in GuessOS (PR#1588).

    Martin

Re: 1.2.6

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
No.

Userdir disabled ..

Dean

Re: 1.2.6

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.

Re: mod_rewrite (was Re: 1.2.6)

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Is there a reason why mod_userdir and mod_alias are still in use?

I would say so - for a lightweight server that doesn't need the
excess baggage of mod_rewrite's additional functionality.

Small, limited-function pieces versus monolithic kitchen-sink ones.

#ken	P-)}

mod_rewrite (was Re: 1.2.6)

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Dean Gaudet:

>  Yuck, I wasn't even aware of this brokenness in mod_userdir.  I personally
>  wish we'd just dropped mod_userdir et al for mod_rewrite ages ago.  But
>  whatever.  I'll go put a bandaid on it.

Is there a reason why mod_userdir and mod_alias are still in use?
mod_rewrite can easily replace both modules and writing some
wrapper functions to provide backward compatibility to the userdir
and alias directives shouldn't be a problem. In fact Ralf demonstrated
that this is possible some time ago with his mod_rewrite_compat module...

If this is done for 2.0 it maybe a reasonable idea to just drop
mod_alias/mod_userdir and its directives.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                        - Reality is only a simulation...
sfx@unix-ag.org                        - and it's still in beta testing.

Re: 1.2.6

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Yuck, I wasn't even aware of this brokenness in mod_userdir.  I personally
wish we'd just dropped mod_userdir et al for mod_rewrite ages ago.  But
whatever.  I'll go put a bandaid on it.

The special names on win32 should definately be looked into.

Dean

Re: 1.2.6

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Re: 1.2.6