Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de> on 2010/11/25 14:07:20 UTC

nested form in FormComponentPanel validation issue

Hi

I've an AddressEdit which is a FormComponentPanel

The addressEdit is composed of two parts: a structured address and a
displayed text.

The displayed text can be generated from the structured address
(provided the structured address is valid, meaning it has all its field
apart from the "Additional address line" which is optional); through a
button.

When submiting the form with the AddressEdit, it then tries to compose
itself based on :
- the structured address (with some validation rules, like either it's
null either it's valid, done through a FormValidator)
- the displayed text (always required)

Currently, due to the need of having to generate the displayed text from
the structured address, the structured address part is put in a (nested)
form.

As such, I run into this issue: convertInput of AddressEdit is called
before the nested form is validated and has converted its own input

I tried various workaround, but none was good enough to my taste.

What would you suggest ?

++

--
Joseph Pachod
IT

THOMAS DAILY GmbH
Adlerstraße 19
79098 Freiburg
Deutschland
T  + 49 761 3 85 59 506
F  + 49 761 3 85 59 550
E  joseph.pachod@thomas-daily.de
www.thomas-daily.de

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors:
Wendy Thomas, Susanne Larbig
Handelsregister Freiburg i.Br., HRB 3947

Registrieren Sie sich unter https://www.thomas-daily.de/user/sign-in für die TD Morning News, eine kostenlose Auswahl aktueller Themen aus TD Premium, morgens ab 9:15 in Ihrer Mailbox.

Aktuelle Presseinformationen für die TD Morning News und TD Premium nimmt unsere Redaktion unter redaktion@thomas-daily.de entgegen.
Redaktionsschluss für die TD Morning News ist täglich um 8:45.

Register free of charge at https://www.thomas-daily.de/user/sign-in to have the TD Morning News, a selection of the latest topics from TD Premium, delivered to your mailbox from 9:15 every morning.

Our editorial department receives the latest press releases for the TD Morning News and TD Premium at redaktion@thomas-daily.de. The editorial deadline for the TD Morning News is 8.45am daily.

Re: nested form in FormComponentPanel validation issue

Posted by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de>.
On 11/26/2010 05:41 PM, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> quickstart, jira issue.

thanks, I wasn't sure about creating an issue

I will do then, but since I moved on (removing the nested form), so it
could take a little while (+ we are on 1.4.9, so maybe latest versions
are better there, no clue)

++

Re: nested form in FormComponentPanel validation issue

Posted by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de>.
On 12/05/2010 09:21 AM, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> the problem is in DecoratedEdit classs, the tmp variable is not
> updated with converted input of the inner textfield, so
> composeConvertedInput() incorrectly returns null when it should return
> the converted input of the inner text component.

hi igor

thanks a lot

actually that was an error I made. Our original TextFieldEdit didn't
have this issue.

Yet, since it's proper again, I don't manage to reproduce the issue
anymore... So I'm digging in again...

thanks
best
joseph

Re: nested form in FormComponentPanel validation issue

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
the problem is in DecoratedEdit classs, the tmp variable is not
updated with converted input of the inner textfield, so
composeConvertedInput() incorrectly returns null when it should return
the converted input of the inner text component.

-igor

Posted by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
quickstart, jira issue.