Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jose H. Martinez" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 22:32:30 UTC

Specify order in which war files are deployed under tomcat

Hello,

I am running two applications under tomcat. One application is a web
service and the other is a web app that depends on the web service to be
started first before it can be initialized. The problem I am having is that
the web app is starting before the web service. Is there a way to tell
tomcat the order in which the war files should be deployed?

Note: In the future we will deploy the applications on different servers
but for now that's not an option.

Re: Specify order in which war files are deployed under tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Specify order in which war files are deployed under tomcat

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 07/11/2012 21:32, Jose H. Martinez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running two applications under tomcat. One application is a web
> service and the other is a web app that depends on the web service to be
> started first before it can be initialized. The problem I am having is that
> the web app is starting before the web service. Is there a way to tell
> tomcat the order in which the war files should be deployed?
>
> Note: In the future we will deploy the applications on different servers
> but for now that's not an option.

Use Tomcat 7.0.x and enable multi-threaded deployment, then one won't
block and prevent the other from starting.

[key:62590808]