Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/10/30 06:15:29 UTC

ApacheCon/OSSummit roll call!

I know several folks are presenting and will definitely be there, but
I thought it might be good to send a shout out and see who is coming
along? Hopefully we'll get some opportunities for getting together
around the hackathon/code-a-ramas.

I'm also interested in organising a Maven project BOF at each. Any
thoughts?

[ ] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
[ ] I'll be at OSSummit Asia in Hong Kong

I'm planning to be at both with bells on.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: ApacheCon/OSSummit roll call!

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
You guys are so lucky :)

If you meet LGGI  folks over there, please say Hi for me.

Stéphane

On Nov 10, 2007 12:52 AM, Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> wrote:
> [X] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
>
> Man, I owe so many beers to other maven developers that I better be sure
> to free up some room on my credit cards ...
>
> - Joakim
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
> > I know several folks are presenting and will definitely be there, but
> > I thought it might be good to send a shout out and see who is coming
> > along? Hopefully we'll get some opportunities for getting together
> > around the hackathon/code-a-ramas.
> >
> > I'm also interested in organising a Maven project BOF at each. Any
> > thoughts?
> >
> > [ ] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
> > [ ] I'll be at OSSummit Asia in Hong Kong
> >
> > I'm planning to be at both with bells on.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brett
> >
> > --
> > Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
> > Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one,
you suck" -- S.Yegge

Re: ApacheCon/OSSummit roll call!

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
I'll be in Hong Kong

On Oct 29, 2007 9:15 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I know several folks are presenting and will definitely be there, but
> I thought it might be good to send a shout out and see who is coming
> along? Hopefully we'll get some opportunities for getting together
> around the hackathon/code-a-ramas.
>
> I'm also interested in organising a Maven project BOF at each. Any
> thoughts?
>
> [ ] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
> [ ] I'll be at OSSummit Asia in Hong Kong
>
> I'm planning to be at both with bells on.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
> Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: ApacheCon/OSSummit roll call!

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately I won't be making it to ApacheCon US as I had hoped :-(
I hope to catch up with the attendees on IRC though.

Brett Porter wrote:
> I know several folks are presenting and will definitely be there, but I
> thought it might be good to send a shout out and see who is coming
> along? Hopefully we'll get some opportunities for getting together
> around the hackathon/code-a-ramas.
>
> I'm also interested in organising a Maven project BOF at each. Any
> thoughts?
>
> [ ] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
> [ ] I'll be at OSSummit Asia in Hong Kong
>
> I'm planning to be at both with bells on.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
> Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: ApacheCon/OSSummit roll call!

Posted by Scott Ryan <sc...@theryansplace.com>.
I will be at Apache Con in Atlanta.

See you all there.

Scott Ryan
CTO Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
Denver, Co. 80129
www.soaringeagleco.com
www.theryansplace.com
(303) 263-3044
scott@theryansplace.com

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I'll be at ApacheCon.

Ralph

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 29 Oct 07, at 10:30 PM 29 Oct 07, Kevin Jackson wrote:

>> I'm also interested in organising a Maven project BOF at each. Any
>> thoughts?
>
> Could we discuss a way to allow the parser to include xml fragments to
> prevent duplicate xml?  AFAIK the problem is with the plexus XML
> parser that doesn't support entities

This would be supported by what we've called mixins which would be a
very defined way to bring in new snippets of XML. Entities were
suppressed by design to prevent N ways of end-running the management
sections. We recognize the need to be a bit more flexible but were
trying to prevent myriad ways of doing the same thing.

It is modello that is responsible for the parsing of the POM, not the
Plexus XML parser. Coming to the BOF to discuss would be best coming
with an implementation centre the discussion around. So far the ideas
tossed around would centre around pulling snippets or mixins using a
coordinate in much the same way we would pull other dependencies
(though it could be an attribute for brevity). You can put a proposal
in the user wiki if you want to try and define the rules which we can
help you refine. The first use case that has been discussed is trying
to provide a little block that would define all the latest release of
plugins that people could easily include in their POMs to provide
stability in using plugins in a reproducible way.

>> [ ] I'll be at ApacheCon US in Atlanta
>> [x] I'll be at OSSummit Asia in Hong Kong
>
> Thanks,
> Kev

Jason

Jason van Zyl