Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2007/10/10 16:48:49 UTC

T5: any simple code for this select?

Hi,

I have this dropdown box in a html form:

  <select name="profile" size="1" id="profile">
                <option value="T">Teacher</option>
                <option value="S">Student</option>
              </select>

Now I likt to use this with T5, any sample code for this? I have checked the
HowTos, all are long codes, any simplier ones? my need is simple: how to
declare this in a template and how to retrieve the value in the page class
side, thanks.
A.C.

Re: T5: any simple code for this select?

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Profile.java:
----------------
public enum Profile {
    T, S;
}

Pagina.properties:
------------------------
T=Teacher
S=Studend

Pagina.java:
-----------------
public class Pagina {
    @Persist
    private Profile _profile;
    public Profile getProfile() { return _profile;  }
    public void setProfile(Profile profile) { this._profile= profile; }

    public void onSubmit() {
        String profile = this.getProfile().toString();  // Getting selected
option.
        System.out.println(profile);
    }
}

Pagina.html:
------------------
<select t:type="Select" t:id="profile" value="profile" />

Marcus

Re: T5: any simple code for this select?

Posted by lasitha <la...@gmail.com>.
On 10/16/07, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> lasitha wrote:
> >
> > If you really want your values to be different from the labels ('S'
> > instead of 'Student'), you can use a Map<String, String>...
> >

> Now I really need something like that, can you show me a simple example?

Josh recently posted a code snippet:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/54117

The thread itself isn't all that relevant, but hopefully the code
snippet will get you started.

Cheers,
lasitha.

Re: T5: any simple code for this select?

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Lasitha,

Now I really need something like that, can you show me a simple example?
thanks.

Posted by lasitha <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
How about something like: