Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pj <pj...@netfire.com.au> on 2008/04/10 08:19:09 UTC

axis webservice special requirements

Hi

I am writing a very simple Java service which processes a database at
regular 5 second intervals see below.

As well as processing at regular intervals, I need to add a SOAP interface
that wakes up my program and processes that database.

Is it possible to do the whole project with AXIS? If so how do I get the
class to load up at AXIS startup to start my run method? With classloader
perhaps?

Thanks for you help, I am a newbie when it comes to Axis.

Regards,

Pj. J

public class PISAF {

      private Integer serviceSleepTime = 5000;

    /* Test Stub */

    public static void main(String[] args)

    {

      PISAF p = new PISAF();

      p.processDatabaseEntries();

    }

    /**

     * Method run

     *

     * This Method will do the Primary work for the Service

     * @author Pj

     * @return void

     */

    private void run()

    {

        while (true) {

            processDatabaseEntries();

            try {

                /* After Processing, Sleep the Thread */

                Thread.sleep(this.serviceSleepTime);

            }

            catch(InterruptedException ex) {

                System.err.println("Thread Sleep Problem");

            }

        }

    }/* End Method run */

Checked by AVG.