Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> on 2001/12/20 19:57:05 UTC

Unicode output to FileAppender - how to view file?

I am outputting to my FileAppender Strings that are Unicode.

However, I have opened my file with MS Word as a Unicode file, and the
actual string vlaue is represented as
"???????????".

I've also tried Netbeans with no success.

Would anyone know how to view the file properly to ascertain the unicode
values as meant to be displayed.

T Master

Re: Unicode output to FileAppender - how to view file?

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>.
Update.

There is no method to change the file.encoding used by the FileWriter that
the FileAppender uses.
My workaround was to specify the file.encoding property at UTF-8 , and now
my log files contains unicode characters.

T Master.