Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/27 17:53:32 UTC

RE: REPOST: Accessing MessageResource Objects from across Applica tion Modules.

It's true that message resources are per module.  Have you tried just
declaring that same resource in the struts-config of the modules needing that
resource?
In both your main struts-config.xml and struts-config-something.xml, try
using the same <message-resources> entry.

--- "Liu, Anne I" <an...@twc.state.tx.us> wrote:
> I'm not positive, but I think MessageResources are per module.  Thus you
> will need to either include the message-resources element in your module's
> struts-config or include the struts-config.xml in your module's
> configuration on the web.xml (this will cause all the resources to be
> duplicated in your new module... may want to consider just breaking out the
> common components into another config file)
>
> <init-param>
> 		<param-name>config/examples</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/xml/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/xml/struts-config-examp

Posted by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Like Anne and I have mentioned, the message resources for each module are
independent of other modules, and you really shouldn't access the resources
of module A from within module B.  If you need the resource file in both
modules, declare the same resource in both modules.
The "unique" request processor per module depends on what you mean by unique.
 If you're thinking class-wise, they could be the same, however, the instance
wouldn't be.
So, declare the resources you need in each module you need them, and if you
need to specify a bundle key, perhaps you can add a "bundle" parameter to
your custom tag.

hth,
Hubert

--- Josh Holtzman <jh...@americandatacompany.com> wrote:
> Thanks Hubert.
>
> I'll give this a try.
>
> One last question.  To follow up on Anne's comments, are you using a common
> request processor across modules?
>
> Do you aggree with Anne that having unique request processors per module,
> the ResourceBundles cannot be accessed cross modules?
>

> Josh Holtzman
>
> American Data Company
>
> jholtzman@americandatacompany.com
>
> Voice: (310) 470-1257
>
> Fax:    (310) 362-8454
>

> Sun Microsystems iForce Partner

=== message truncated ===

RE: REPOST: Accessing MessageResource Objects from across Applica tion Modules.

Posted by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com>.