Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by sidhama <si...@wipro.com> on 2009/10/01 17:08:35 UTC

writing a join query in jackrabbit 1.x and jsr 170

Guys,
I want to convert the following sql query  to jackrabbit query either in
xpath or sql.
-----
select count(requestparammediasrcpath) from <release>, <server> where
release.reqparamreleaseserverID = server.serverID and server.ftpaddress =
'<release server ftp address>' and server.userName = '<release server user
name> and server.password ='<release server password>'  and
server.rootpath='<release server rootpath>'
-----

Is it possible, as i did not get any resolution in specs i need your
suggestions.

Re: writing a join query in jackrabbit 1.x and jsr 170

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

JCR 1.0 does not specify joins, hence jackrabbit 1.x does not support
them. you have to do the join manually in your code.

JCR 2.0 specifies joins [0] and jackrabbit 2.0 will support them.
please note that aggregate functions (such as count()) are not
specified.

regards
 marcel

[0] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/6_Query.html#6.2.2 Joins